View Single Post
      07-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #21
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I'm personally planning on keeping my Pre-LCI 2013 F10 M5 for the next 5 years when I then may consider trading in for the last year production F10 M5. I will then keep that for 3 to 4 years or more depending on if I want the Next Generation G-Series M5. By 2017 who knows what further changes/enhances BMW will have made to the F10 M5. Although I am already telling myself that I won't be interested in the Next Generation M5 if the chassis size gets any bigger than the F10 and if they go with less cylinders than a V8, even though I already know right now that the next M5 will be much lighter than the F10 M5.

As for the Competition Package, I agree with ColdLists reasoning and general statements about why most people will get it. I for one could not imagine getting an LCI M5 without including the Comp Package, otherwise an LCI M5 without the ZCP, in my view, is just like the PRE-LCI M5 accept with some slightly updated steering changes, an option for new headlights and the various other tiny changes for LCI that I mentioned in my other thread: "Subtleties of LCI M5." To me the Competition Package makes the LCI M5 an LCI M5.

As for the debate between Singularity and ColdList. I guess it just depends on how much money one has to flush down the toilet without a care in the world. I'm not the standard rich guy around here and therefore losing $17K on a trade is just ludicrous to me. When I sold my E60 M5 and all of my mods with it, I took my time and sold all of the mods for about 70-80% of what I paid for them. The E60 M5 itself, I negotiated for months with several buyers and eventually I wore down a few people that were highly interested in my car. I ended up answering a billion questions and went far above and beyond answering any concerns the buyers had. In the end I got far above what the dealer quoted me for trade in. My method is all about patience, because I value every dollar that I have. Anyways that's just me.

Right now, there's no way I would consider trading in my 2013 M5 for an LCI F10 M5 unless I were able to get full value for my 2013 M5 and I got like $20K off MSRP on the 2014 LCI M5, like I did with my 2013 M5.
Don't know if anyone has announced this yet, but I was quoted by my acquaintances in that an LCI LED headlight retrofit for more than $10k , including front/rear/blocks and I still ordered it nonetheless and expect it delivered and fit in a few weeks. I think the normal factory option is about $2k? Don't know exactly for 6 and 7 series options. Apologies to OP btw, don't mean to hijack your thread
Appreciate 0