LAKEOM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlmd View Post
Couple reasons.

First off, the PSS are summer tires and not all-seasons. So even in minimal snow/slush/rain and temps below 40 they are not great. I got stuck on Barber blvd several years back in my 335i in a dusting!!

I have an SUV that I should use in theory if the weather is bad. I just like driving my Ms so much that I usually "risk" it.

I get bored with the same look. So I typically get a winter wheel/tire set that looks different, like say gunmetal or black. Just so I can look forward to the 20s again each spring.

I run my winters Thanksgiving-Easter. So I get twice the life on my OEM summers since they are only getting 5k mi/yr.

I love passing Subarus in my M with snow on the ground. I buy hi performance winters that perform amazingly well on cold dry pavement. I can drive the car hard year around.

I love buying tires.

etc etc.

But yes. If I was disciplined I could park the M on its summer tires whenever the weather was questionable. But what fun would that be!!??

Makes sense. I may look into that. I have a 911 that sits all winter hooked to a battery charger. It's going bye bye.
Appreciate 0