View Single Post
      01-03-2017, 10:32 AM   #8
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

This is the info I have been waiting for. Great job!

It is highly interesting to note a few things.

First, the horrible residual values on the 2013 Model Year US/Canadian F10 M5's. Like I have said for years they flooded the market in that model year, but we did have a clue because of the low Residual Values on leases for that model year.

Second, my personal M5, has taken the hardest hit on resale value being that it is not only a 2013 model year but also has the most common color of Black Sapphire Metallic and a Black Interior. I did get the Piano Black Trim but it doesn't count for much. For these reasons, I just never believed that it would be worth it to sell the car, too much value has been lost over the years. Luckily , for me and all of us, the F10 M5 is a much better engineered vehicle than the E60 M5 and has been supremely reliable, even after 50,000 miles.

Third, kind of surprising to see the final production numbers are so closely matched to both the E60 M5 and the E39 M5. About 20,000 for each generation. I think that it is safe to say that the F90 M5 generation will also have about 20,000 units produced with the first model years taking the biggest hit in depreciation once again. I have learned my lesson and will not be purchasing another M5 when it first comes out. The only reasons why I did purchase the new F10 M5 when it was first introduced to market is because I had a unique opportunity to do Euro Delivery with it and I was one of the lucky few who managed to score 17% off of MSRP back in 2012 when a large group of us did Euro Delivery together, or in other words we got the ED Invoice Pricing. So my losses in depreciation weren't as bad as they could have been because of the once in a lifetime deal I got on the car. I can guarantee that no one will get ED Invoice pricing when the F90 M5 comes out next year either. So if I do decide to pick up a new F90 M5 I will be waiting until the LCI model year comes out with the Competition Package.

In the meantime I am never selling my F10 M5 and will continue to modify it, upgrade it, and have fun with it and enjoy having no car payment for many years.

Appreciate 3