View Single Post
      04-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #48
Rob@StrasseWheels
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G80 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC View Post
Why do some people take the time to post on a board for another car when they not only don't have the car but don't even have accurate information? I don't own an M5 but I am not going around posting information without first hand info going by what some SA said.

Totally unhelpful and possibly hurtful to offer crap advice that can damage the engine
Well, since I too am a fellow enthusiast (I too drive an ///M) and I heard it from a certified BMW Service Dept employee, I wanted to try to help out the OP from what I had heard. I posted what I was told by a BMW Service Dept employee that works with BMW's everyday. I didn't know about the update in oil until I was informed by the OP in which I retracted my statement/advice.

You can see my reply after he informed me of it in which next time I take my M3 to that dealership I will be sure not to take it to that service advisor. Just trying to help a fellow member out.

@Strasse_Robert | (786)701-3649 | Robert@StrasseWheels.com | www.StrasseWheels.com
Appreciate 0