View Single Post
      06-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #67
chong0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rconti View Post
It's simply a blast to drive a stick. I can't bring myself to drive a boring-ass automatic or DCT, I'd find driving miserable. I enjoy doing things that exercise my muscle memory and exhibit skill. Every time I hop on the motorcycle, even if I haven't ridden in 6 months, I can rev match and bang down thru the gears like I did it yesterday... or typing when I really get into a groove and can fly over the keys.. It's such an ENJOYABLE feeling. It's like asking why you'd want to drive on the track when you just go in circles and end up where you started. Those who get it, get it.
+1

for some reason BMW has hated the NA market and the love for MTs, and now they announce it 5 years in the future. seems to me like an F- you america, we are tired catering to your needs.

I am sure i am not alone on this. we purchased a v6 cayenne because it's the only SUV that has an MT option. porsche essentially got our money just because of their transmission option. sure the 4.4 X5 is faster and costs the same, but nothing beats being connected to the car with a manual. might as well buy a honda pilot.

people buy ferraris because of the car. when ferrari stopped making MTs for their cars, people still bought them because the car itself pushes the boundaries. When BMW stops making MTs for their M series, I can't say that I would still be loyal to purchasing an M5 over a panamera or an AMG. it would just be another super saloon.
Appreciate 0