06-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #12
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330
If so, someone should tell BMW to reconsider ///M Driving School, ///M Track Days and the 'Ring Taxi
Those are expensive experiences and the cars are provided by BMW in the first two. I don't know what the last one is. Anyway, why don't you ask BMW if they designed the stock M5 for regular tracking and see what they tell you. I think they will tell you that you do so at your own risk and that tracking your vehicle is likely to be improper operation. The BMW warranty says that your car has a race-bred engine design. It doesn't say you have a racing engine in your car. It also doesn't warrant your car to be raced as that is specifically excluded by the warranty. You can take it to the track and run it around but if you keep doing that, it's going to break down and have some kind of serious malfunction that costs significant money as a result. That is what I mean by my comment. You can pretty much use a car any way you want, that doesn't mean that is what the designers intended.

If you want to kid yourself about the design of the car, be my guest. I can tell you as a guy who designed a lot of products both software and hardware, users always find new ways to use stuff that the designers never intended. They also find ways to break stuff that the designers never thought they could. That is why warranties are limited and written by weasel wording lawyers.

Last edited by wrsbmw; 06-03-2013 at 08:19 AM..
Appreciate 0