View Single Post
      10-24-2012, 01:32 AM   #6
inagua
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, X5 35d, m235

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
The S6 is comparable to the F10 550xi. It is not a competitor to the M5, as much as Audi would like it to be. If Audi re-releases the RS6 (and brings it here), that would match up better.

I've driven a few S6 sedans and came away impressed in some areas and disappointed in others. I like Audi's MMI and the integrated Google connectivity [that is free]. I find the cockpit to be laid out nicely and like the large color display in between the gauges. This is where the night vision is displayed, if you get the innovation package. I'm also a big fan of the optional LED headlights that aren't yet available on the F10 (coming with the LCI next year).

What I didn't like was the numb steering and numb suspension. I also don't like that you have to lose the sport seats to get ventilated seating in front. I also wish Audi had some advanced driver aids, like top view and side view cameras.

The 550xi can chew through just about anything and would be my first choice. Plus, it's well optioned for less than the M5.

+1. Drove the S6 and had similar feelings. It is not a competetor to the M5. M5 handles so much better and is a beast with power. Between the 550 xdrive and the S6 would be a tough choice. Guess it depends on what type of feel you prefer in handling and how the interior is set up. I personally do not like the MMI nav/entertainment system in the audi. Having an S4, M3 and X5 in our stable, I can tell you that I prefer the ergonomics of the BMW's idrive and controls and sport seats better. Some aesthetic things are nicer in the S6.
Drive both several times and then decide. Either way you cant go "wrong" its just a matter of personal taste and preferences.
Just dont compare the M5 to the S6.
Appreciate 0