View Single Post
      05-05-2014, 10:54 PM   #1
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

2014 individual M5 in Northern NJ

Posting after a while. Have enjoyed my E90 for over a year now. Just had a baby, so want to move to something bigger and it's a perfect excuse to get M5. Wife has agreed!

Long post, so pls bear with me. Want to get a 2014 M5 with following:
- moonlight metallic
- amaro brown
- dark wood
- exec
- driver assistance plus
- lightning
- 20" wheels
- B&O
Questionable on rear seat entertainment - won't iPad holders just be a better deal? Can you plug in hdmi devices into rear seat entertainment?
- Night vision (just for the heck of it)

Total coming to $119,875. Checked edmunds.com and saw invoice of ~$107K. Plan on keeping the M5 for 6-8 years. So I am guessing leasing won't be a good idea? Also would sell / trade my e90.

Can you guys recommend:
- any particular dealers in norther NJ that will be more likely to sell for near invoice?
- how long should it take the car to be delivered if I order it this Saturday? Want to make calls starting tomorrow and have the process rapped by Saturday at latest.
- any views on moonlight metallic color? I have never seen it in person but absolutely love the multiple tones in varied lights from pics.
- any views of amaro brown interior? Again never seen it but looks really nice in pics. I am a sucker for shades of brown.
- live in jersey city and roads here are bad. My e90 was horrible when it had run flats (sports package). I removed run flats and ride became better - not perfect but much better. If anyone has owned an e90 with sports, can you comment on if the m5 ride in comfort is better than e90 sports package with run flats?
- to add to that, would competition package make it worse? I think 560hp is enough for me to handle as it is, but more concerned about ride quality with it, especially with a newborn in the back.
- called BMW of Bridgewater since my parents have gotten a car there before. The sales guy was helpful with my basic questions today but I felt I was getting skinned on my trade-in. He said it would likely be about 17k since that price for a car in an auction. My e90 has 65k miles on it, 2009, sports, premium, cold weather, nav, parking sensors, and satellite radio. I paid 27k for it last year and have driven it about 10k miles in 15 months. 17k seems like a lowball. Views? Just sell it privately? Car is immaculate (Hand waxed and detailed, indoor heated garage, and no scratches. Small ding from valet on rear passenger side wheel arch).

Thanks! Looking forward to helpful replies!
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0