racer10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamichael
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer10 View Post
Then what is the difference between 550i , 18 way seat and M5 , 20 way seat in the U.S. specifications on the BMW website?
My guess this was a mistake on the BMWUSA website. The manual shows it but they were not on my M5 either - executaive package and all. The seats looked to have only been optioned one way for the US market. These are basically the same as the sport seats that are in my 550 M Sport - just a fancier upper back and head rest section - but the same adjustments - 18 way, not 20 way.

Whay they did this in the US spec'd M5 is anyone's guess.
Picked up M5 just now , had 4 miles on it. No side bolster adjustment and sales manager agreed its only 18 way . Seats are in fact same as my 550i with some small differences in upper back rest configuration . Also unfortunately I believe I have dreaded clunk sound . Noticed it already with only 26 miles now on car . It dies sound like a loose wrench in trunk. Having said all this I am at this stage not overly unhappy . Car is comfortable , not harsh and tire noise is nearly unnoticeable . I have 19 wheels. I will report back in a few days. Let's however work to get a financial resolution on seat mis-representation.
Appreciate 0