12-14-2012, 08:34 AM   #28
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
@Tylerstar - Yes, it's ordered. Just hasn't turned up yet. Was hoping to have it in time for the show but guess not. The painted black OEM version will have to do until then.

@Rob - The retrofit does work. I'm the first person to ever attempt this. That said, I've been fighting with BMW over this and some "ghost" parts that are required that do not exist in any BMW parts catalog. I'm still missing one critical piece, but functionally it does work. Given the amount of research and homework I've put in to this I'm not going to share anything for the time being. (Though you'd likely end up exactly where I am now.) I will say though that the retrofit is around $2,500.

@avi8tir - Possible, but not likely.

@Stealth.Pilot - They are the 90mm tips. I think they were plenty big. The 102mm are just too large for my taste. (I ended up going back to Akrapovic as the Eisenmann was just too loud for a daily driver.)

Thanks for the comments everybody!
Are you open to letting us know how we can get new visors, I was suprised how much of a difference it makes to not have those tacky stickers up there.