06-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #51
mcacciola
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i, Silver - M Sport

Originally Posted by cs4444 View Post
"Expected but not welcome.... No more over 8,000 RPM :-("

I’m tiered of people whining about the red line. Did you guys just become BMW fans over the last 6-8 years?? Every M engine before 200x did not rev over 8K. High revving is not the norm it was the exception. It was a small era and now it is over due to political and enviornmental factors. If this comes as a shock to you, you must live under a rock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow... lot of "sensible" and ignorant wanna be drivers here... I thought that in a M forum I will get a little bit more mature and knowledgeable answers. people making jokes about Toyota and Honda's here?...

But, somebody wisely said here that BMW is more than a red line. That's a good one. Thanks. But for truly BMW M purist losing the high 8K+ RPM red line it's a big deal. It is a breed of engines that we will never see again. To the clowns that make those Toyota and Honda jokes comparing them with my car, that type of engine is call "Natural Aspirated".

Back to business and for the real BMW M Enthusiasts, it's part of our history. Some of us witness the technology development of ABS, DCS, etc. and now because of the same technology factors we start loosing some elements that they were here for ages... like a "real" key (last seen on the Z4M). For those who shortly think the red line is not that important, you clearly missed a big part of BMW cars.

Have an Ultimate Driving Day.

Side note for cs4444 No; I don't live under a rock....I'm a professional international test driver that got his first BMW in 1983.
Appreciate 0