View Single Post
      02-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #14
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

I agree on the fake ///M badges, but actually they don't bother me that much. I think it's just mostly comical when I see an X3///M on the road. Lol! To me it takes much more thought, time, money, and effort to fully convert an E92 328i into an E92 ///M3, without the engine (which I have seen before).

Quick funny story about that 328i dressed up as an M3. I was so disgusted/amused that someone actually went through the trouble, and I mean he went all the way, even put a DCT shift knob on the auto tranny, mirrors, body parts, a completely highschool woodshop designed quad tip exhaust; that I left a note on his car that I too owned an M3, I left him my real phone number, and challenged him to a race. He never called. Lol!

Anyways, keeping on topic. Why go through this trouble kids?! And I do mean kids, I have never run into a 45 year old who has done these kinds of things to a BMW. Ugh, I try not to judge, lest I be judged myself, but there are some things I can not let go, like that 328i that I once saw.

As for the ///M550d model, the ///M135i, and the upcoming ///M235i, etc, I can understand the reasoning why BMW is doing this however, I don't agree with the way that they are going about it. If they want to design a car that is between a 335i and an ///M3, to complete with the Audi S4's, S5's, S6's, etc, that's fine. However, at least come up with a different naming convention than just sticking an ///M in front of the model number. I think Audi does it right, they keep S4's distincly different from the RS4's. Perhaps BMW should use a different letter than ///M instead of diluting the segment. Perhaps they could called it the ///AM235i, with "///AM" meaning "Almost ///M". Lol!

Last edited by RPiM5; 02-15-2013 at 11:17 AM..
Appreciate 0