View Single Post
      02-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Talking 1st Ever F10 M5 RPi GT Exhaust with Muffler Delete!!!

Hey M5Post peeps! So I decided to be a little adventurous, risk taking, and pioneering and had Race Precision Inc design and build me a one off experimental new Section 3 for the F10 M5 RPi GT Exhaust system. This new section 3 has completely elminated the mufflers and is now a straight pipe, straight through design. I won't do much blabbing about it because the videos should speak for themselves, but the new exhaust design is INSANE!!!! It is significantly louder without the mufflers! Driving around town is 50x more fun, as you can finally hear the exhaust much more clearly at high rpm's. Downshifting from 2nd gear to 1st gear is almost like an explosion, and there can be a loud crack when upshifting from 1st to 2nd gear. On the highway, in 3rd and 4th gear the M5 really comes alive and sounds like a race car.

I am so happy I decided to take a risk and do this. In my opinion this is what the F10 M5 is meant to sound like. It's sounds like an exotic angry V8! I would put the decibel level almost on par with the RPi GT exhaust for the E60 M5, I'd say it's about 9/10th's as loud!

Additionally, as someone who lives in Southern California, I have been fortunate to hear almost every aftermarket exhaust for the F10 M5. I've heard the Eisenmann Sport, Eisenmann Race, Akropovic, Meisterschaft, RPi GTS, and RPi GT. The only one's I haven't heard are the Supersprint and the Hartge exhaust systems. I can say without a shred of doubt that the RPi GT with the mufflers deleted is at least 50% louder than the RPi GT, and at least 40% louder than the Eisenmann Race, which I think is the second loudest compared to the RPi GT with no mufflers.

I initially got the idea for a straight through pipe design from Hartge, who offers their own version of no mufflers. Bimmerzone.com actually sells the Hartge muffler deleted section as well. I was interested in getting the Hartge but I didn't want to lose the power gains of the RPi exhaust systems. So I commissioned RPi to go ahead and design me a custom order. It took about 5 weeks to get done, but it was well worth the wait. If there is enough demand signal RPi has stated that they will produce more of these muffler deleted systems, designating them as a GTM system, for a possible group buy of one initial batch order. If you are interested in following the route that I have set then please contact Eloy at Race Precision and let him know that you are interested.

Now all that is left is to decat the downpipes and then I'll really have a monster on my hands!

Hope that you enjoy! And many more videos to come!!!

Attached Images

Last edited by RPiM5; 02-21-2013 at 12:26 PM..
Appreciate 0