stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
"However the M6 is noticeable less comfortable than the M5. The M6 seats are pretty poor being narrower and firmer - you don't get the cradled feeling of the M5 seats"

I found this part of the review very interesting. Visually, the M6 seats look just as comfortable as the M5's. I've sat in the M6 seats a couple of times, but have yet to spend some serious time in them. Glad to hear that the M5 seats are more comfortable. Also can you comment on the use of the adjustable side bolsters on the M6 verses non-adjustability of the M5's?
The adjustable bolsters will probably help if you are a slim guy. I wear a size 44 suit jacket so I'm actually able to fit quite well in the M5 seat. Bolsters weren't a big deal.

However I find the M5 seat is wider and especially wider at the top of the seat with upper bolsters. It also has more cushion effect when you hit bumps so your body receives less vibration. You feel cradled in the M5 seat - it surrounds you and keeps you in place while absorbing impacts. The M6 seats are much firmer and also narrower so you are jolted around more in the seat and also you have less shoulder support so your upper body moves around more in the M6 seat.

This said I think even the slimmer guys in the class preferred the M5 seat.
Appreciate 0