09-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #14
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4awd
In sport plus, the car does not rev match. Which makes sense so you can do it yourself and heel toe. Amazingly the pedals are placed well and heel toe is easy unlike the RS where there is a very high brake pedal. Great when on the track under heavy breaking but difficult on the road when doing it for fun. In efficient and sport, it rev matches which is nice. Ive only noticed it when down shifting. It makes things smoother when just putting around. Having it is a big plus. If anything it's one less thing to worry about when you have passengers and want to have a smooth drive. I think it was a great addition.
Interesting, thanks! My only wish is that the auto rev match could be managed separately from throttle response. In my M3 I use Sport throttle for casual driving where a sharper throttle makes the car feel faster and precision isn't important (but where I might like having "auto-match" since that's lazier driving), but I switch to Normal on the track and for more spirited driving where a linear throttle is beneficial. In my Normal throttle use cases I can see sometimes wanting auto-match (on track) but other times not wanting it, like when I'm out for the joy of the drive and might therefore want to do it myself.

I dunno, I'm a recent MT convert and kind of enjoy the imperfect rev matches because it makes the few times I nail it just right that much sweeter. Oh well, sounds like it still beats DCT!

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0