View Single Post
      06-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #228
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

Very impressive and available power band, 501 lb-ft of torque will pull like a train at 1500 rpm, this is a massive improvement over the v10's 371 lb-ft. The HP figures are however are little surprising, only 560, that is little to no more than the X5/X6 and this is supposed to be the flagship //M model. The shocker would be if this car dyno'd close 560 rwhp, which would be more proper for a car of this level. That 0-60 time must also be traction limited as well, it does not seem that fast for a car with this much power and such a seemingly advanced launch control system. I think we will know way more once this thing is independently tested down a 1/4 Mile track, I am very curious to see what it traps and the '60 times it can put down. I think the power numbers will be surprise everyone as well once this thing is put on a proper dyno and the tuners get their hands on this vehicle. I can see 700hp at the crank easily.

Only cons I can see here are typical BMW issues; weight, weight and more weight, if I was president of //M division, this is what I would focus on more than anything and try using more lightweight materials.
Appreciate 0