02-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #23
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Thank you. There is no malice meant at all. And this was never a secret. I just was being respectful and asking the supplier if it was ok that I advertised his modified parts before doing so. I am not being gullible, I should not have said "BMW Performance". I did not mean any reference to the "BMW Performance" line of products. They are not sold to me as such and are not factory parts. Simply a term that I used to mean that they are not typical aftermarket cheap stuff. They are in fact made by the same manufacturer, Boysen, that makes the DP for BMW. They are MODIFIED BMW custom parts, as if you were to take your cats on your E60 and modify them, just as many of us did in the past. In other words, like many companies, such as Alpina and Hartge, factory parts are used as the BASIS for modifications. This does not make them FACTORY parts. Again, my bad on terminology. I still however would most definitely use a part derived from the factory installation than an individual aftermarket fabrication. I need to correct that it is a 400 cell primary cat and no secondary cat I the DP.

Thank you for understanding that I honestly am just trying to share good information that other people might like. I really tried to be a helpful fellow board member. I understand that this apparently pisses certain people off and will no longer do so. In the end I am thrilled to have this stuff available to me and others.

Cheers.
That's all fine and no hard feelings here. It just rubs me the wrong way that in some of your posts you clearly stated "BMW Performance parts" and the OEM warranty being retained. The term "BMW Performance part" does imply it's a BMW sanctioned / approved part sold by BMW and therefore using the term will leave people with the wrong impression.
Noelle is a very reputable company and I'd love to see their parts be a success and work out for you. But at the same time please don't make it sound like these are official approved/sanctioned components by BMW.
I also think you might just have fallen into the trap by your "contact" in sometimes reading too much into their words/statements (and their premature release of pictures/information not part of the actual product) and being the enthusiastic person you are repeating it to the world. Which in turn might just cause a few eye brows to be raised
So having said all of the above we are all looking forward to your journey and hopefully great results.
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0