View Single Post
      02-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #32
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
I'd guess the faster feel is from the sound, and it does sound great! I wouldn't think much HP released from muffler delete, but one possible drawback I can think of is when someone comes up with a useable HP upgrade that involves removal of the cats, which WILL provide a definite HP boost. The exhaust sound might be too much at that point..... perhaps not for you! I'd like to hear the reverse of what you've done and delete the cats while retaining the stock mufflers. The stock mufflers may not allow the type of sound which most would like at that point and a deeper, more full sound could be found with an aftermarket muffler.
Yes, that would be interesting to hear what the stock exhaust would sound like with just the cats removed. I know that Performing Imports over in Alpharetta Georgia can get you some OEM downpipes and complete stock exhaust system with high flow cats and less insulated stock mufflers. They tell me that these products look 100% stock but have a much more aggressive sound to them. Their prices are on the high side though.

Also, I don't know if you we're paying attention to the videos but I don't just have a muffler delete now. My RPi exhaust is a full system with no secondary cats, no resonators and no mufflers. After driving the car profoundly yesterday it definitely feels like the RPi exhaust, which already gives an extra 20-30hp, may have a little more gain in hp now.

Honestly guys, I'd love to dyno my M5 at some point, but I don't put much stock in dynos (pun intended lol). If anyone wants to race me this weekend, I'll be up in LA this Saturday, and I'll also be doing a mountain drive on Sunday. Hit me up, we'll let videos take the place of dyno charts.

Appreciate 0