You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimustang View Post
You have to be careful when it gets colder, no leaving BMW M5 shaped imprints in the guardrails... However, it behaved the same when it was warmer (65 ish) last week.

I don't run snow tires, I run a 2014 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4. I usually try and drive the M5 until just before the snow starts to fly and then it goes to sleep for the winter. I had a 550i that I ran with snows and it did ok, but nothing beats a big-huge-honkin truck through lake-effect snow. In the winter, if you've never experienced the lake effect snow machine, we don't get inches at a time, we get feet of snow at a time... It's, well... yeah, it sucks...

Back on topic - I drop my car off first thing in the morning tomorrow. My service advisor (Ken at Zeigler's is a rock star!!!) is going to try and reset the adaptations and see where that takes us. I'll know tomorrow night if we need to keep searching for a solution or if it's a winner.

I drove a brand new m5 today and it does the same thing! Even my service advisor noticed it. I even asked him to drive mine and the new one back to back with me. He agreed it didn't feel what he'd consider "normal" either.

I also showed him how pulling in and inching the car into a tight spot is difficult due to the brakes not keeping consistent pressure. He agreed the brakes felt like they held consistency until the seemed to "bite" and hault the car abruptly.

We experienced this in my 2013 m5 and a brand new one back to back.
They both seem to be a characteristics of the M5.
Appreciate 0