12-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #81
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhn2000 View Post
Well this thread has gotten really interesting. Frankly speaking I find it completely unfair to compare the 911S, M5, Panamera (GTS,TT)... when we are not even talking about the same price range or capability. On the price side, 25% more for any car is a heck of a lot of money when we are talking about 30-40k difference. I bought my M5 "out the door" for what the GTS base price here in Canada is. All the 911S cars I spec'd were also about 25k more for "similar" options and don't get me started on the massive price of entry for a Panamera TT.

People that get off comparing these cars are doing injustice to the M5 and the car industry as a whole. None of these cars can carry 5 passengers comfortably, none of these cars can fit 4 massive golf bags comfortable, and none of these cars have the impressive technology that the new idrive brings (office, bmw assist, apps) etc. Yes the Porsche's "may" drive and "sound" better but you are paying good $$ for it! And finally (this is for me) only the M5 comes in a traditional 6MT with a nice soft clutch for plenty of easy city driving.
For shits and giggles I configured a new C4S the other day. Way over $150K when loaded with lots of convenience options!!! What the hell is Porsche thinking? There will be no Porsche in my post M5 future unless its a nicely optioned, used one.
Bish
Appreciate 0