Thread: Hurricane SANDY
View Single Post
      11-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #72
pdp4
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW m5

My ED M5 is lost since Oct 18

Well I dropped off my ED M5 in Europe on Sep 20. Based on tracking it came to NJ Oct 17. Since then BMW is looking for it and has no clue where it is. Getting any information out of the dealer or BMW NA is totally impossible.
I was hoping to get the car out of NJ before Sandy and clearly it has not happen. I just got verbally approved for a rental reimbursement - 3 weeks after the car was supposed to be unloaded from the ship.

It just sucks not to know if my car is under water or not. I get the problems in tracking a $100K car for a few days in the customs, but loosing it for so long is unbelievable (considering it was in the States for two weeks before Sandy hit).
I also get that a lot of people are still struggling without power, and me missing my car is much less of a problem than thousands of people have in NJ, but if I dont get any info about my car early next week, my tone communicating with BMW NA and dealer will have to change. So far, I asked multiple times about their plan and timeline in case my car is under water and/or gone, and they have no plan at all.

Meanwhile I guess I am still paying for my M5 lease ;-)
Appreciate 0