View Single Post
      06-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #46
cpiguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Posted this on another thread and thought I'd get a couple more opinions. Thanks

I need a little help from the guys that really get this stuff. I've ordered about 20 new BMW's and never worried much about my Production Number. I went by my dealer an hour ago and he basically my guys said GREAT NEWS, your car is scheduled to build week 31 so it should be here in early September.

I then asked rfor the production number, and he said it hasn't been assigned yet. So I say, well then it's not a real order. And he says it sure is, and pulls out the typicall dealer factory computer report showing all their order and my M5 is listes with a preduction date of week 31.

So, what the real story? Anybody know for sure.

Cmhsam's response

I am no expert but I didn't have a production number until several days after my dealer entered the order. I think once BMW AG acknowledges the order (111) the prod number is assigned.

My response

Yeah, it just seems a bit weird that they'd assign a production date without a production number. My dealer assures me it's real. Was wondering if anyone else had the date before the number.

Cmhsam's response

I had a delivery date before the number but it was only a few days after i got my delivery date that i got my prod number

CPIGUY
2017 Ferrari 488 Spider
2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
2019 BMW X5 MSport, in coming
Appreciate 0