View Single Post
      08-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
camalbes1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 M5 Black Saphire

Known F10 M5 issues, problems

Well, I have a 2012 M5 Black Sapphire with Eisenman exhaust system, the car is a beast but I have always complained that it consumes too much oil and the noise over irregular pavement in the rear suspension is annoying. But about a month ago, with 18,000 km in the odo, the car gave me a warning that it was low on coolant, I check and indeed it was low so I proceeded to fill it. About a week later the car started sounding weird and it posted a message that said that the engine had limited power so I took the car back to BMW and they found out that the hoses that supply coolant to the inter-coolers for the turbos were leaking. They proceeded to change them (don't understand how a US$ 100,000.00 + car can have such a design flaw) the head mechanic informed me that the hoses failed because they endured very high temperatures and that in his opinion it was a design flaw. I had the car for 48 hours when the A/C stopped working, it felt that it was missing some gas; they confirmed that the a/c system needed refrigerant and proceeded to fill it up. A week after that the car started asking for more coolant so now we are waiting for new hoses from the factory (2 weeks) and the A/C stopped working again.

I have become very disappointed with this car, I have owned 5 911's and I don't think I'll ever by another BMW (this is my 3rd and last); when I compare this car even to a Maserati QP that i owned in 2007 (which never gave me problems) and with the Porches I have owned I think this car is sub-par quality wise.

I just hope I don't get any more trouble so that I can safely get rid of it come May of next year, I can't fathom spending this amount of money on a car and having to send the car for repairs in less than two years of ownership, I seriously think BMW rushed this car into the market.
Appreciate 0