View Single Post
      08-29-2019, 08:58 PM   #11
SmokinJoe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by technician117 View Post
I've run my M5 on several tanks of non-ethanol 90 octane (US) without issue other than probably a little less power. The fuel mileage increased though. I should note that the temps were a bit cooler. It was probably in the 50-60F range at that time.

It's possible your high pressure fuel pump is showing signs of weakness. Being a 2014, you already have the updated version, but that doesn't make it bulletproof either. Dirty injectors could also factor in. Do you ever get "shadow codes" for any misfires?

It's not the greatest diagnostic path, but I would also try the octane booster for a couple of tanks and maybe get a quality injector cleaner run through. See if there is any improvement.
It has been pretty warm out. Usually 75-90 when I’m having the issue. No codes or shadow codes. In the data logs the fuel psi is above target. Also did a injector cleaner too. It was some Techron based cleaner with no change. Thanks for the input. I bet your 90 octane non e is better than the ACN crap I get. I have a friend that uses that stuff in his carbonated vehicles and swears by it.
Appreciate 0