bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Dear ColdList,

Dude, can you pretty pretty please put your car on a dyno and show not only myself but the entire community the 80hp gain that the tune is supposedly making? I only ask you this because you are the only one that I know that has the Performing Imports tune on your F10 M5. I will even send you a box of cookies if you do this!

I am simply trying to get some verifiable undeniable information out to the community that the tune is legit. I have spoken with VF Engineering, ESS Tuning, and Switzer, and all of them are saying that although it is not impossible for a BMW Development software to produce that kind of power gain, but as of right now none of them are aware of such a tune that is positively producing that kind of power gain. ESS says that have access to BMW Development tune as well but only adds about 30hp and the other companies do have the BMW Development software tune for the F10 M5 right now that makes about 30hp as well, but nothing close to 80hp or higher. I've been told that the tune for the ~30hp gain was leaked a long time ago, and that ESS has even tested it over in Europe. They even put 100 octane in an F10 M5 with that tune and were able to make about 15hp extra on top of the 30hp gain the tune makes. Additionally I have learned that anybody out there offering a BMW Development Software tune is actually using software that is for Euro-Spec F10 M5s, and that people who have put this Euro-Spec software have experience anomalies and weird problems on their U.S.-Spec M5s I'm only talking about BMW Development software here and not anything that each company is producing in house.

For now the burden of proof rests with you my friend, or perhaps someone else that you might know in the Atlanta area that has the Performing Imports tune also. I think the community should be aware of the truth of whether or not this tune you currently have on your car is really making those kind of claims on power. As I have said before in other threads, so far I have seen no dyno's, no YouTube Video races against cars at similar power levels, and no vbox numbers as to the performance gains of this tune from Performining Imports.

So if you get a chance, can you please either put your vehicle on a dyno-dynamics machine, or a dyno-jet machine. A Mustang Dyno won't really work because the correction factor can be manipulated or put in wrong. Or shoot a video of you racing a car in your area with around the same power, I'm calculating that you should be around at least 650hp to the crank with your tune and current mods. Or even procure a vbox and use it to get some acceleration and timing data.

I have always been interested in the Performing Imports Tune from Ron and even after talking with him personally in the past I simply cannot commit to spending that amount of money without metrical proof of gains in performance. Unfortunately word of mouth is not going to work for me. Others can commit or do what they feel, but I must make sure I am getting what I am paying for. Bottom line, I've gotta see the numbers dude. Or as Jerry Maguire once said, "Show me the money!"

Your Bestest Friend,

RPiM5
Maybe you should join us over in Scottsdale (even if you don't bring your car) because I am sure you will have some true believers after the tune. I am still waiting for a couple of the members that "are on the fence" to commit.
2020 Chev. ZR2 Bison truck, Daily Driver
Appreciate 0