05-06-2014, 08:57 AM   #77
Hockey Guy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i, X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
It's cool that BMW will unveil a 30th Year Anniversary Edition M5 this year. 592hp from the factory does sound great though and all of the little accents and extras that will come to the car will make it a little more special for sure. But I almost can't help but feel like this is just another money grab for BMW. This 30th Year Anniversary Edition almost seems like that Nighthawk Edition they did just for the Japanese market, or the Year of the Horse Edition for the Chinese market. Both are cool, but paying a higher price for these just because they are a little extra special doesn't make financial sense to me. This also reminds me of the Lime Rock Edition for the E92 M3. I don't know anyone nowadays going out of their way to find and own a Lime Rock Edition because it was way more awesome than a regular E92 M3. Lol!

Now if BMW decided to make a 30th Year Anniversary Edition with the following changes then it would be highly worth it to seek owning one:

- Carbon Fiber Hood
- Carbon Fiber Trunk
- Carbon Fiber Roof
- Doors made of Lighter Aluminum alloy
- 640hp from the factory
- 560tq from the factory
- Different Trunk Spoiler
- Different and Lighter Forged Wheels than 343M's
- Different and sportier steering wheel
- Suspension lowered by another 10mm than the Comp Pack Springs
- Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
- And then all the little 30th Year Anniversary accents to make it different

So more of an E90 M3 CRT direction, than an E92 M3 Lime Rock direction. I'd be willing to pay $20k - $40k above the base price of a regular M5 if anything like the changes above were to happen.

Oh well at least they bumped up the horsepower and torque a little.

Completely agree. This would be 30th Anniversary worthy IMO (or some good combination thereof) and make me consider switching out, even if it only came in one colour combo etc.
Appreciate 0