01-20-2015, 07:24 PM   #80
halfbent
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
India
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
seems like a good tune but for $3000 I expect a Dinan like warranty and without that there is no way in hell I would pay $3k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronch View Post
I agree. Also, to have to remove your ECU, send it in and be without your car for however long, no warranty coverage (as of yet) then the expense is just probative for me. The claimed gains are fantastic (as advertised) along with CEL and speed limiter delete though. I am sure lots of people will jump on this, but I'll patiently wait for OBD2 flash, some sort of warranty or a much lesser cost. I have a feeling I'll be waiting as long as the next gen M5 release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
+2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3 View Post
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MpowerMike View Post
3k is still kinda steep! should be around 1-2k at max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosozoku View Post
Boom.

No factory-matching warranty?
No sale.

Not 50-state emissions legal?
No sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post
While I would love this not sure I would risk the cost of replacing an F10 M5 blown engine or transmission. Remember even if the tune is on the car but isn't even responsible for the blown engine you lose your warranty. That's a bit scary.

Maybe once these are out in the wild for some time and have a good track record of no issues with the engine the risk goes down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandertg21 View Post
Ehhhh one of the best? For Japanese imports I'd agree. For BMW, I'll patiently wait from the sideline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandertg21 View Post
Who said AMS did it themselves? Also, who said that the ecu hasn't been cracked by other people? Maybe they're just not ready to release it?

Honestly what other BMW forefront has AMS stamped it's name into? They are nowhere near the level of Turner, Dinan, or even the JB4 for all I care.

Last edited by halfbent; 01-20-2015 at 09:03 PM..
Appreciate 0