View Single Post
      02-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #32
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
My brakes don't squeek at all. Then again I drive the car hard every weekend almost. You guys need to drive your M5's harder! LOL!
Mine don't squeal one bit either. I also drive it very hard. I live in GA and the weather has been fairly cold the last week or two. Cold for us is in the 30's. Has not been consistently cold. Mostly nights and a few days. Average has been 40s and 50s. I don't think the temps are low enough to have effect. I have roughly 1800 miles on the car and have not heard even the slightest noise. Hope you guys get it sorted out. I am incline to think it may be temperature related, even if you are driving Long drives and thinking they are warmed up. In essence the disks probably are staying pretty cool being ventilated and driven in cold with wind blowing on them as you drive (this presumption would go away of course if you are frequently braking and causing heat as opposed to extended distances without braking). This could be way out in left field as far as theory but as we all have the same setup and some are experiencing zero issues I would assume it to be an outside factor.

2016 McLaren 675LT - Chicane Grey
2016 Corvette Z07 - Artic White
2016 BMW F86 X6M - Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0