View Single Post
      08-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #70
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS View Post
I spoke to my CA this morning as well, and learned two things about the delivery delay:

1. Same as above, CARB/EPA Cert not done yet. The EPA will move when they are good and ready, not much BMW can do to to push them. My CA guessed, but has no evidence, that one possible reason for the delay is the EPA is focusing on higher volume makes/models first as they impact a larger number of customers and the M5 is at the back of the line because it's a low volume "specialty" car.

2. The debate about whether BMW will hold the cars for a coordinated release has some truth to it. My CA does not believe BMW is holding cars specifically for a 9/1 release, but he said BMW will absolutely hold cars until they have the first car at the VPC and ready to go for most of the dealers across the country. In the past, certain dealers complained when other dealers got deliveries of new models a week or two before they did, and therefore had a week or two lead time to woo buyers with a test drive and book orders. This is not an issue on normal production cars because the coordinated roll-out is managed with the initial floor models built for dealer stock, but is an issue with "high priced, specialty" cars like the M5 when BMW makes the decision not to invest in building a stock floor model for each dealer.
I agree with all of this and can back it up with what I have heard as well from my sources. The fact of the matter is that BMW put out way back in May this year that the launch day for the U.S. Release for the F10 M5 will be September 1st. BMW has not deviated from that statement nor have they put anything new out since then. I know a lot of people are hopeful, but I think everybody has forgotten the facts here. If BMW allows the dealers to release a little early, then it will be nothing more than a bonus for those who ordered for U.S. Delivery.

No matter what happens, by 9/1 both the U.S. Delivery people and the Euro Delivery people will be driving their M5's, because this is what BMW said would happen. Have patience everyone, our time is almost here.
Appreciate 0