View Single Post
      03-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I'd just pick one country with the amount of time you have left. 12 days - 4 days in HK leaves you with 8 days. Take out 1-2 days for all the flights and shuffling around it's really 6-7 days. How about Korea? Or if you do want to go tk Vietnam I'd recommend flying into Danang, spend 3-4 days there and then Hanoi for 2-3 days and back home from Hanoi (you can do this the other way around too but Hanoi is one of the international airports so it might be easier). Ho Chi Minh City is too crowded and I personally don't like it. You can find things to do to fill the days (like Mekong Delta day tour, Cu Chi Tunnel day tour, etc.) but other than that, I don't like to spend more than a day or two there (and that's mainly to recoup after a long international flight).

Danang is like Hawaii except much, much cheaper. There are things to see and do there and the lifestyle is much more laid back. You can stay at a hotel on the beach and just kick back for a few days. Do day trips when you feel like it. If not, take a cab in Hoi An and spend the afternoon and evening there (the town is lit up with lanterns every night). Do a day trip to the ancient imperial city of Hue. If you feel so inclined you can fit Hanoi in there for 2-3 days as well. Otherwise just spend 5-6 days in Danang (or Hanoi) and be done with it.

Could also do Cambodia and spend the rest of the time there. I'm going to Cambodia in a few months and plan on spending 8 full days in just Siem Reap exploring and relaxing before going to Vietnam. Not much to see in Phnom Penh and don't want to fly around too much.
Appreciate 1
larryn2147.50