03-04-2017, 10:30 AM   #5
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
We ruled out Phnom Penh for your exact reasons. We also want to be on the go, as we can relax anywhere in places far less exotic. That's why Kathmandu is on the list, and the Everest tour along with some less arduous hiking than base camp. There's a couple great early AM flights around Everest, and that seems incredibly appealing. However, Siem Reap and Chiang Mai are also high up there, because of the rich culture/food and temples to explore.

We're into food, adventure, fun, history for this trip. Hong Kong is super cool, but really a gateway for us. We're staying in a lux suite there on the harbor.
In that case, pick an option that gets you most excited about and do that. With just 7-8 days I don't think you should see more than one country. So either do Nepal, Cambodia, Thailand, or Vietnam. Any of those would be great.

You will find great food in all those places. People are nice and there's a rich culture in all of them. I feel that Vietnam takes weeks to explore so maybe rule that out? I suppose the same can be said for Thailand but since I'm not a fan of Bangkok, I'd only be interested in Chiang Mai and maybe, maybe Phuket (heard it's super crowded and dirty). Thus I think you can do that in a week. Cambodia (mainly the Siem Reap area) is rich in culture and can be done in a week as well. You could do the Mondulriki Project where you walk with elephants and bathe them in a river. Your money helps support the elephant conservation program. It is about a day's worth of traveling to get there but you get a cool adventure out of it.

Last edited by BMW F22; 03-04-2017 at 10:36 AM..
Appreciate 1
larryn2147.50