View Single Post
      02-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #15
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
This seems to be the case in the thread in question no doubt. As a long time AMG owner (7) and an original owner of a 2004 new E55 I know there are alot of good owners over there. Its sad that they just can't understand that their "venerable" E55's are so long in the tooth now. I dont intend to insult the M113 platform- it was ground breaking back in 2003. I mean who had heard of a sedan with 516 lb/ft of tq 10 years ago? It was a marvel and it was a tuners delight too but its just old now and so are the arguements they pose where they say "my car is 10 years older and still kicks its butt". I mean in reality there is always something faster but that does not make it better.

The AMG vs BMW lame convos will never die.. I just read and move on. After 6 M's and 7 AMG's I realized I cant go wrong with either.
Well said. I love both brands, but obviously as you can tell from my sig I prefer BMW. 03 e55's were great cars and I still remember when they came out and lightly modded spanked bunch of 03 cobras.
Some of their immature comments stood out so much that I had to post it here.