View Single Post
      09-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #4
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohardi View Post
Even with a $500 deductible, how much would a tire or wheel cost you? You would probably be better off paying for a tire out of pocket. RHTe same goes for a wheel as well. I would think that your rates would go up if you were filing claims for wheels and tires, No???
You are correct on your first point, I would not file a claim for just a tire blow-out. The new Michelin's on the F10 are something like $250 a piece. I would only file a claim with my insurance for a catastrophic loss of both the wheel and tire as that would likely exceed the $500 deductable. So the T&W insurance still doesn't make sense since it would take 8 blow-outs for the insurance to make sense, and as I mentioned I've never had a blow-out in 6.5 years of driving my E60 M5s.

The answer to your querstion is no, my insurance company does not bump rates for filiing a claim. Your premium is your premium, no matter what. This goes for traffic tickets as well - no bump for a ticket, no matter wht it is or how many points. They are very selective in whom they accept as a customer, so only good drivers with clean or near clean driving records and a low history of claims with the previous carrier. If after you become a customer a pattern of claims or tickets arises you get a warning letter that if it continues you'll be dropped. And I've heard they are not shy about dropping people if the behavior contiues after the warning letter is issued.
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 0