12-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #31
Charlie Brown
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Azurite Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by py0413
deactivate or disconnect the signal light bulbs (or tell the dealer you don't need those when ordering the car), at least when you get into something, you have an excuse. Otherwise, I would use the signal if that was me.
Lol... Good stuff... I often get a laugh out of people debating whether they should or should not do something as if there were no governing law in effect. Even if your car is not equipped with working signals, the driver must still signal a turn or lane change. But to address the original question, I'll hold my opinion and instead post an excerpt of the Uniform Vehicle Code.

"...driving laws and codes vary from state to state, but virtually every state and commonwealth includes a similar law. In fact, the Uniform Vehicle Code, a set of guidelines developed to help states draft vehicle legislation, requires that all vehicles signal their intention to "move right or left upon a roadway" with either electric turn signals or arm signals. It also specifies that the signal be given "continuously during not less than the last 100 feet traveled by the vehicle before turning."

CHAPTER 11 - Uniform Vehicle Code: Rules of the Road - Pt. 2
ARTICLE VI. TURNING AND STARTING,
AND SIGNALS ON STOPPING AND TURNING

11-604.Turning movements and required signals
(a) No person shall turn a vehicle or move right or left upon a roadway unless and until such movement can be made with reasonable safety nor without giving an appropriate signal in the manner hereinafter provided.
(b) For vehicles equipped with mechanical or electrical turn signals, a signal of intention to turn or move right or left when required shall be given continuously during not less than the last 100 feet traveled by the vehicle before turning.

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0