07-16-2016, 07:16 PM   #39
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmguy11 View Post
So the saga continues.... Got the installer to essentially revert the install back to BMS stage 1.

I now have no more drive train malfunctions, more boost in the lower revs, and the car is running better than it has since the original JB4+BCM install.

However the car is still not near as fast as I thought it should be. I am definitely getting a full flash next season, until than I suppose I will try to get the most out of this BMS Stage 1.

Any advice on how to do that? I keep reading that there is a boost option to set it to 3.5 for max boost, I can't seam to find that anywhere on the bluetooth app.

I attached my logs of running it twice at Map 1 and Map 3, please provide your feedback as it still doesn't feel as fast as it should be.
On your Stage1 logs you've got some problems on the settings. You have set it for an N63 rather than an S63. Since it's an older Stage1 board you have to adjust those settings manually. You set FutureUseD = 1, boost_safety to 4.0, and select map1, to match the equivalent currently shipping Stage1 system.

Did you see the photo BMS posted in your support thread of another BCM customer who had the same problem you had and what was doing wrong during the install to cause it?

Mike

Last edited by Mike@N54Tuning.com; 07-16-2016 at 07:25 PM..
Appreciate 0