12-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
cnicholson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
Brakes overheat after a few minutes of heavy application
I did a day at Laguna, pushing the car pretty hard (1:46-ish laps if I recall correctly) and did not notice any brake fade. For sure the brakes sounded like "snap, crackle and pop" after each session, but I just did a few minutes of cool down in the paddock and have not noticed any consequences (brakes squeal a bit, but they did before also).

Anyway, I agree that this is not a track car, but it gets around the track OK in my experience.

On exhaust, I think they are different (E60 screams, F10 Rumbles), but both sound great. I had Dinan exhaust on E60 (pretty mild) and it sounds great racing to redline, but it was pretty obnoxious.

Bottom line for me is that, versus the E60, the car is a step farther away from a true dual-purpose track/street car, but the everyday drivability (Especially around town) is just in a different league. The E60/SMG was a compromised solution that worked best on track. The F10/DCT is just better at everything and is able to drive like a grown up sedan in everyday scenarios....
Appreciate 0