Thread: M5 to i8
View Single Post
      09-30-2014, 08:52 PM   #6
mauricef
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Black/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanmag View Post
Nice - any additional information to share on driving and styling impressions?

The only one at my local dealer is a fiberglass "model" and they are an M priority dealership so living vicariously through Chris Harris and other's impressions.

Curious - what are they asking for it and what other rides on your priority list could you drive for similar money?
Fortunately my dealer does not mark-up. They never have no matter what the model.

The car is surprisingly tight and stiff. The torque when both motors are running is very strong. It does not have the immediate highway passing punch the M5 provides. The visibility while driving is very good. That is something I was concerned about. More plastic in the interior than I was expecting but suppose this keeps the weight down.

Tons of looks and we had to move the car to continue our conversation since so many people wanted to get more info or take pictures. Don't get this car if you don't like talking to people.

The other car I have interest in is the new NSX but it is a long way off and there is little concrete information available.
Appreciate 0