Thread: M5 as a Daily??
View Single Post
      03-22-2014, 08:16 AM   #61
CFisher
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Black Sapphire

Might as well chime in here too...I grew up in Green Lane @PhilT3 so I'm familiar with where you're at. I am a sarcastic bas$^&d most of the time...but I'll keep it in check!
As everybody has said...M5 might not be the first car to consider if primary concern is MPG...but you've said that range is key. I just checked mine (5 months) and I'm getting about 360 mile range. Most of those are 'short' miles, as my commute is embarrassingly small. So I wouldn't be surprised to see higher numbers on someone with a warmed up car most of the time. As long as you stay out of Tioga County I can't imagine you'd have trouble locating gas!
I have had ZERO issues driving in snow up to about 3 inches+ running square setup on winter Pirellis (19's). You need to drive with that in mind however. Drive like you think you're on rails...and you'll pay. I'm used to RWD - been driving that for the last 14 yrs. Keep in mind...I'm no longer on the same terrain as you are. I even turn off the DSC once in a while to make sure the car can still do doughnuts in the snow.
I pulled into the drive the other day...and the neighbor kid started giggling (11 yrs old)...I asked him what's up..."Your car looks so awesome..." - you don't get that with too many other cars. And mine's practically stock...with winter wheels on!
The car is sex on wheels. We bought in because it's a legend...for many it's been our dream car to some extent...Perfect? Nope. Some of us are more spoiled than others too so opinions will run wild. It's definitely my daily for a long time to come.
Appreciate 0