View Single Post
      03-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #57
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Exactly. We're not taking away from IND here - I have your reflectors and your Eisenmann Sport exhaust. But in this thread, your hyped up title is like false advertising.

And if I were to call out one thing above all others that Singularity and I mentioned: I think painting over the Chrome Kidneys is basically desecration of a BMW tradition. What could be a more signature element of a BMWs design through the ages than the chrome kidneys?

Hey PUNK! -lol! (kidding of course) You saying I "desecrated" my BMW?!

I have black grilles, painted over door handles AND HRE Wheels. IMO another sort of "tradition" of owning BMWs, especially M cars, is the unique personalization of them that owners have taken to over the decades.

I hear you when you are implying "Classic" as "tradition" and that does make sense, and Imola is not a classic BMW color, nor is the entire car really in any way "traditional" with it's stylings, but I give the owner a lot of credit for the attention to detail and the obvious passion he has for making his car his own, and again, that sort of IS a BMW owner's tradition in and of itself. He didn't go "cheap" on this build either. He did it with care and dedication, even refinishing the wheels to a different tint after not appreciating the original brushed clear finish. Lot of effort here. I know you are not bashing him and are taking more of an issue with the "statement" the headline makes but he really deserves applause not schooling on "tradition" (also seems to take criticism constructively and with a healthy serving of grace) Tradition is a pretty subjective thing anyway. Who wrote the rules on what BMW tradition is anyway? Heck, all the colors have been altered over the years and the body styles have changed along the way. Who knows. Who cares.

Remember the "tradition" of BMW door handles being steel and not this cheap plastic chrome insert? Didn't need to paint 'em.

And speaking of tradition. I wish BMW would re-focus itself on the tradition of making the M5 stand out. They sure forgot this concept on the F10. If you weren't an enthusiast you might not realize what perfection is sitting next to you at the light until it leaves you like a Pit Bull with Michael Vick on his tail!

Very cool car. Nice job. OK, now back to desecrating mine!-hahahahahaha!
Attached Images

Last edited by ColdList; 03-17-2013 at 07:10 PM..
Appreciate 0