Thread: Spark Plug Gaps
View Single Post
      03-06-2018, 02:36 PM   #25
JK-M5
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MBB F90 M5

Looks like the Misfire has finally gone which is a relief. been a right pain this 1, but new coil packs, Maf sensors and New spark Plugs later we have a cure.

looks like the spark plug gaps have been a big factor in all this plus the Contaminated Maf sensors from using Oily Filters.
Plugs Gapped to 0.018 seems to be the sweet spot for my car anyway with stage 2 software.

on to other issues now, how many times can a spark plug be removed and fitted again before it becomes a problem?

had the car out last week after the bad weather had gone seems I have been lucky to not have lost the car, spark plug actually snapped whilst I was out on a test run, fuel spilling out of the cylinder head, looks like the pressure pushed the remainder of the plug and coil pack out disconnecting the Maf sensor on exit the smell of fuel was crazy, stopped as fast I could lifted the bonnet to see the aftermath the plugs where fitted 3 times from new torqued to 22nm each time anyone had issues like this or is it just me
Attached Images

Appreciate 0