View Single Post
      10-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #61
savela
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M

Official SINGAPORE GRAY / GREY F10 M5 Photos Thread

Recently took delivery of my 2014 M5. SG/full black leather/LED headlights/executive package/B&O/20's.

Fantastic car. No comparison to my 550i. I'm a 1 car kinda guy and this easily fit the bill. I really have no complaints. Steering, suspension, transmission, wheels, tires, ergonomics, luxury....all superb as far as I'm concerned. Sport seats get 2 thumbs up. Oh, and just enough, but not too much wow factor.

I've detailed and sealed w/ 22ple, added iND accents including color matched license plate frames and a factory color front mount, installed the ExhaustMeister (pretty slick and certainly worth the $120) and plan on hardwiring my V1. The IND stuff is top notch and once the double slat grills are available, I'll switch out the door handles, grill and side vents. Tint was done locally w/ Madico 20% front, 35 back and 75 windshield (legal in TX as it's not really a tint but a film) - I had my dealership place the inspection sticker on some 'cling vinyl' for easy removal etc.

I know front plates are an issue for some but I would rather have the option of not giving a cop a reason to pull me over. I think that the color matched mount and frame make it aesthetically pleasing.

I'm now happy with my options. Wasn't terribly happy w/ the B&O initially but after some time, I was able to dial it in and it sounds great, worth the expense in my opinion. Executive is a must. Ordered the full leather to set it apart and I love the look.

I'm going with the hard break in to a certain extent. Once my engine is warmed up I'll pull pretty hard to 6k RPM and allow the transmission to slow me down - different gears and interspersed throughout my commute. Won't hold high RPM's for long at all and haven't exceeded 100MPH. My 550 consumed way too much oil and I babied it during break in so to each his own. We'll see...

I love everything about this car. Too much power, too much torque, rear wheel drive...what more can one ask for?

Enjoy. steve.
Attached Images

2011 550i (traded)
Appreciate 0