View Single Post
      05-21-2014, 06:40 PM   #8
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Not exactly a ticket recently
But I almost got killed because of it being The Iconic M5! You get profiled having this car for sure and not always in a good way!!

I work in a rather poor town and it seems this is the only M5 in there yet of course there are a lot of other more expensive cars that probably people don't perceive as such!

To make a long story short I was making a right turn where on my left tall bushes obstruct the view and by the time you are able to peek at who's coming your way the nose of your car is probably in the middle of the road so I saw this car coming quickly towards me but because I know I can reel it over very quickly I did it not knowing that that can be a Taboo in such towns! In a small NC town!! In a nutshell they got really upset though I didn't mean anything bad or even was racing I was just trying to probably save both of us!
But they chased me and I never heard such a hail of insults starting from my mother to the rest of my whole beloved family and when I tried to politely apologize one of them spat on my windshield while I was trying to slow down to let these angry disturbed souls calm down!! But to no avail (Didn't know they had a grudge) they slowed down too and continued calling me and my "M5" names and they were threatening to steal it and something about killing me!! And I took threats seriously because I hardly understood most of the words because How High and Stoned Both Were and wasn't hard to rememebr their faces because of the plethora of tattoos they both had everywhere! And one if them was actually in his underwear for unknown reason!!
And it seemed they recognize me and my M5 and they said I even did that once to them before and I may have because of taking that bad short cut road on a daily basis!! And repeatedly commented on how a bad MF driver I were ( And I know I am not that good anyway so no offense here-!

And actually that was last week!
And this triggered this whole thread !
I thought that others may share such bad experiences because of driving "The M5" !!!

This car can be a real cause of many troubles in so many different ways.
1. Tickets
2. Profiling if you do anything in it!
3. Accidents
4. Costs and gas guzzler
5. Time spent on it and because of it
6. Changes your way of driving so most people don't like the way you drive!
7. No valet so harder to parking (At least for me)
etc..

Call it the list of DOWNSIDES OF THE BEAST if you will!!

All this and still putting up with it and that must be for a reason!!
Appreciate 0