06-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #12
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCbmwbear View Post
I think Anthracite or piano works best with extended Silverstone Leather. I'd go aluminum with the Shakir or black interior however.
I thought Piano would be best with Silverstone until I sat in an M5 that had aluminum and Silverstone -- it was Full, but I don't think it matters much in this case. The aluminum is far more classy and intricate than can be shown on the configurator, and I thought it was the perfect mix of sportiness and panache that this car warrants. If you were to go Sakhir or Black though, I would recommend aluminum UNLESS you're doing Sakhir Full, in which case the only right answer IMHO is Piano Black all day. Piano wouldn't look bad with Sakhir Extended though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNH View Post
I would go with the Piano Black, if that's not an option then go with the Anthracite, the aluminum has a diamond pattern on it, i wasnt so fond of it
The pattern is more of a sawtooth than a diamond, and I initially preferred the solid brushed look of my M3's aluminum, but the more I looked at it and thought about it, I concluded that my M3's aluminum is just right for its character, and the M5's aluminum is right for the M5 (see above). I personally would never want wood trim in a performance car though.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0