View Single Post
      05-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #38
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
I did these myself based on the discount you got and the numbers you provided.
Oh okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritable View Post
Hmm, lost my post in that couple minutes upgrade there. Hopefully this is not repost.

The E90 M3 you mean? Yeah, it's a great car. However, from all accounts the LSA engine and Delphi's MagnaRide shocks are in a totally different league, so I can't help but lust after them...

...especially when it won't cost me anything more over my current payment term, plus I get done 3 months early. Downside is, I have to drive a wagon. Boo-hoo.

My idea of "fun" is to go on weekend backroads highways driving trip, 700+ miles in 2 days on twisty 2-lane roads. Not really interested in auto-x or road course track days. So, I'm not too concerned about the differences in weight and length and steering feel between the 2 cars.

Still, not decided yet myself, because I've taken serious FLAK amongst family and friends for even considering trading a BMW for an... American... WAGON. It's my own decision to make but I might have to burn a few bridges to make the jump

Congrats again, though! Options list? Just making sure you're getting all the "right stuffs" (Recaros, suede, 6MT, graphite wheels, yellow Brembos)
I wish my Options List read like that - I'm getting it "stripped."

With Bluetooth, Bose 5.1 surround sound 10-speaker audio system, navigation (+ OnStar), heated/power-adjustable seats (including lumbar support), auto-dimming rearview mirror, keyless access/start, rearview backup camera, SiriusXM, Rear Park Assist, alarm system, and universal garage door opener coming as standard equipment - I am quite content.

The only thing I'm really missing out on big time is the Recaro seats. The car I test drove had them and they offered great lateral support.

However, whenever I got on the throttle hard the damned things seemed to rock back a bit as I was pushed against the seat back (and I only weigh 150 pounds). That was a little unexpected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
You are most welcome. The experience was amazing with great food and refreshments. It was fun competitive driving event with awesome experience on race track doing laps not to mention drag races, slalom, and braking events. I came back with a huge grin.

Also, got to meet Mr. John Heinricy who is the head of GM performance division and his thoughts and ideas. As he holds the ring record for CTS-V.

I came away thinking I wish BMW would hold more competitive events like that to keep customer base happy and maybe even steal some from others. Are you listening BMW bring the M6 or M5 near my town on race track

Seems like you have decided on a CTS-V sedan so congrats. I think you will enjoy the experience minus the gas bill. I hope you are going with 6-speed manual. The black is nice and so is the white. I have not seen the blue but I have always liked a nice blue. Either way you can't go wrong because it is a fantastic performance car for price.

I see a Red CTS-V coupe almost every day driving side by side with me to work for a part of my commute. It looks great and some female is driving it. I wonder some times if she even knows how powerful that beast is or what it is capable off on a race track. Then I say Nahhhh she might just have it as a status symbol...........what a bias male pig I am....

Either way congrats and good luck. I would be very interested to see what kind of lease numbers does your dealership give you. How much of a better deal is it vs M3 similarly priced.
Thank you sir! That's awesome that you got to chat a bit with John Heinricy. I'd like to sit in on a lap with him at the wheel.

It's funny you mention the female cruising around in the CTS-V coupe. You just never know . . . . I was at the gas station a few days ago and an attractive woman (early 30s) pulled up to the pump in an E90 M3. As she was filling up I made the comment, "That's a beautiful M3 you have there."

She said thanks, made a comment about by Le Mans Blue 335i, and then I asked her how she liked the DCT transmission (assuming that's what she had and testing her to see if she knew what I was referring to).

She replied, "No DCT for me - I have to row my own gears." In my head: "Will you marry me?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
650hp for $1,948.95!

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...gory_Code=C412

Congrats on your purchase!!!
Thanks man! I have the mindset now that I'll be keeping it bone stock but after a week . . . who knows what I'll do.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0