01-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #8
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav11 View Post
I put the gloss black emblem from IND on my Monte Carlo Blue M5. The installation was pretty easy... I just followed the instructions posted by IND.

I'm somewhat indifferent on the black emblem on the MCB color. I like that it matches the black side marker grills that i put in, as well as the black kidney grills. But it's also hard to read the M on the MCB color. It could have been the lighting this afternoon when the did the install, and the car was pretty dirty too. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Cheers.
I too have a monte carlo blue M5 and contemplated on changing the chrome highlights of the car (front and side grills and M5 badge) with the black ones, however, after seeing in person a friend's M5 that had those accents changed from chrome to black, I decided not to proceed. I did not like it at all as it seems that chrome gave the monte carlo blue body much more stature and elegance. The black accent would probably go better in a lighter colored body such as white but not on a dark body such as MCB. Anyway, to each his own and hope those changes grow on you soon.
Appreciate 0