View Single Post
      06-18-2015, 12:05 PM   #17
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtheW View Post
Nice! I'm about to get my IB done. Hows it holding up? Have you washed it yet and if so did you notice any scratches/swirls in the Opti Coat?
Keep in mind these types of coatings are not scratch/swirl proof. They will scratch/swirl over time just like clear coat, and the car will have to be corrected again in the future to remove the defects. This process will also remove the opti-coat and require you to have a new layer applied. In general, this process is often needed ever 2-3 years to keep the paint looking its absolute best.

The major benefits are in terms of protection from environmental contaminates. Opti-Coat, and other ceramic paint coatings like CQuartz and 22ple, are far thicker and more chemical resistant than any traditional wax or sealant. This creates a sacraficial barrier that will help to keep harmful contaminates such as bug guts, bird droppings, hard water, etc from damaging the surface of your clear coat as it will have to first try to work its way past the ceramic coating layer.

Also, due to the added thickness of the paint coating, the majority of minor swirls and scratches that are inflicted in the future will reside in the coating and not in the paint. This means that when the car is corrected again to remove these defects, the detailer will be removing the coating and very little paint. This helps to greatly preserve your clear coat thickness over time which will keep your car looking amazing for a very long time!

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Zach McGovern
Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
www.AttentiontoDetailingPeoria.com
Appreciate 0