05-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #3
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by medman2k1 View Post
I was out of town over the weekend and ended up renting a 528Xi from Avis.

My M experience is M3, M3 conv, And currently 13 M5.

I have actually never driven anything less than a 550i so take that within the context of my statements.

I actually really enjoyed pushing that 528 around! I thought there would be a huge gap in perceived performance as there is on paper. But to my surprise it scooted around town very nicely. I was driving in a more city like environment than I normally drive the M5. Perhaps that skewed my perception a bit.

Anyways I beat the snot out of the right pedal and still achieved around 21mpg. Which is far better than the 13 mpg Im currently getting.

Im not going to my M5 anytime soon!!!! But certainly opened my eyes that perhaps Im paying a very steep premium for power/handling that I will or am unable to use on a regular basis as the M5 is my daily driver.

To reiterate, my M5 is NOT going anywhere!!! Im driving my dream car daily!!!

Anyone else driven the 528???
Man
I drove all of the coming BMW models as loaners
535i
528i
My 550i
And then started asking them to give me 3 series as for whatever at Hendricks BMW Charlotte they want to treat you like VIN if you have M5 and I do end up with the same 535i ever time besides I really am not VIN at all just blessed enough to afford tile beast - so now I get all others -
335i
328i
X3 different models -
328d

And last one that surprised me was 328d
It was 43k sticker and you don't even have backup camera or Satellite Radio!! No Nav!! No nothing except for nice red line sports line 2.5k option..
Well the good
1. R u kidding me 34.5 mpg (Diesel) but still I was pushing it really hard to prove that I am not wasting my money on my M5 !!! -
2. Nice red line
3. Looks cute like M5's little daughter LOL

The bad
1. Too expensive for what you get
2. Dull experience of driving,, Zero feedback
3. Acura TL same sticker price will outperforms it in every single aspect (Had Acuras before and loved them and the fully loaded is 44k)
4. I am vertically challenged -; ) but my 4 year old son complained about no leg room behind me.. but I like to stretch legs -
5. Wife liked it ... LOL
6. Old steering wheel on 2014! !
7. Diesel Engine sounded like a Fa*ting Mowing machine!!
The List goes on!

I know it is a BMW forum after all but I am saying what I believe is the truth
I would get an infinity G37 fully loaded or Acura TL fully loaded any day over this Dull 328d.

Why in earth would you want to pay that much 43k still an expensive car and insist on 40mpg! !

To each his own
Ot is marketing and customer oriented game now rather than real enthusiast oriented game even in M5 !! ..
Appreciate 0