V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Where did I mention M cars or M tax?

I tried to explain the difference in cost between a piggyback and a flash tune. If you read my post you will see that I do not mention M cars once, nor do I deny M tax or say that 3k is a decent price... I actually refer to Fxx cars and the cost of flashing compared to a generic piggyback that can be used on allmost any turbocharged engine with just minor tweaks for the different applications.

Since it seemed you where a bit confused on the difference in cost between a flash and a piggyback I felt that explaining some basics was needed (esp since you compared the cost of a flash tune with the cost of a ESS piggyback...).

BTW, ESS doesn't seem to have M tax on their piggybacks. Same price for a 320i tune as for a M4 tune. Simply because it's the EXACT same hardware for both cars with possibly just a few minor tweaks on the software settings... My bet is that ESS have a much higher profit margin on each piggyback they sell than what a tuner developing a flash tune has!

Ok Mr internet expert, I think you're the one a bit confused.
All i said was it's too expensive and you went on to explain to me the R&D involved as if other cars like the GT-R dont need extensive R&D, the difference between a piggyback vs an ECU flash.
Below is the post you replied to, feel free to show where I'm comparing a piggyback to an ECU flash.

Quote:
I think they should charge, you rich guys $5,000 for the tune, the same people here complaining, spend close to 5 grand on wheels that provide next to nothing in gains. Heehee

If you go to McDonald's and you're driving a $100k car, guess what? The price of your happy meal goes up 300%.

Poor AMS, Those tuners like ESS, Mike Benvo etc. selling tunes for less than a $1,000, arent making a profit.
Appreciate 0