View Single Post
      11-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #9
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Aha, didn't realize ED insurance included comprehensive coverage, thought it was just liability (though now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense for it to include comprehensive). In that case, yes if BMW is willing to handle the claims process on your behalf (which it sounds like they do based on previous posts) then they do indeed owe you a new diffuser, and it sounds like that's already been settled and is in the works.

That just leaves whatever happened at the VPC. I wouldn't hold your breath on learning the details. I'd definitely be curious in your position too, but they clearly took the required steps to fix whatever happened, so I'd just consider that water under the bridge and not let curiosity spoil your enjoyment of the car. If all that was required was a new bumper, then the damage couldn't have been severe enough that you might want to push for a brand new car or more extensive repairs, in which case you have nothing really to gain from learning the details of the incident other than satisfying curiosity. Even given the unfortunate lying you've been subjected to, I don't consider it worth blowing up over and seeking legal advice, per your chosen thread title.

Just get that new diffuser installed and enjoy the car OP.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 11-15-2012 at 04:19 PM..
Appreciate 0