View Single Post
      09-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #52
cnicholson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Attention BMW: I drove (gently) directly to the 'Ring, with ~350 miles on ODO for first lap (driven assertively, but not redlining). I drove >1400 miles overall, and toward the end was redlining it occasionally and did some 150MPH runs on the autobahn.

If my car blew up on the way to drop off, I would have the same legal rights as BarryB (although perhaps fewer "moral rights"). If violating break-in recommendations grenaded your motor, they would enforce the "rules" via computer-- a trivial exercise.

Anyway: BarryB, I would still demand a new car and reimbursement of your air and hotel. If they don't give you this, I will happily spend a few hours a month for the next few years telling everyone who will listen that the ED experience is not worth the risk, since BMW does not stand behind their cars and your vacation would be at risk.

BTW, they have an extensive rental fleet at the Welt (including M5s)--- I asked about it.

They should tell us upfront at the Welt: if your car malfunctions and cannot be immediately (within the hour) be fixed, they will (on a 24/7 basis) transport your car to nearest dealer, provide you a best-available local rental, and deliver a like-kind car from Welt fleet to meet you at your next hotel. If I were them, I would comp the "victim" with a free night at hotel and voucher for a nice dinner (in case you want to stay an extra day). If they did this for you (and you knew this upfront), I think you'd be a happy camper right now.
Appreciate 0